[tvservice] Re: RCA ctc177bh2 no sound..

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:09:49 -0500

There is a mute signal from the main micro I think, that mutes the sound
when changing channels. I have found that bad. It is NOT the same mute
circuit as the one that is used when you push the mute button. There is a
resistor you can remove to disable it. I was told to do that by one of RCAs
$2/min. techs and then a year or two later they denied that they ever
recommended doing it. Some guys say that will destroy the speaker eventually
but I have not seen it happen.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH