[tvservice] RCA ctc177bh2 no sound..

  • From: Sam Barnum <sbarnum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:50:58 -0500

Hi all,
    I have an RCA CTC177BH2 with no sound, not even a click or hiss when
the TV is turned on.  Video is good from both the tuner and video-in (no
sound out with audio-in from VCR either.  I had the TV to fix a cold
solder joint under the RF shield.  While I had the soldering iron in my
hand I also reflowed a number of joints on the LA7610 (signal processor)
and LA7765 (stereo processor), I didn't touch the TDA7263(Audio AMP).  I
don't know if the sound was working before hand.  However the I have
confirmed that the speakers do work.   Any thought on where I should
look first?

LA7610
LA7765
TDA7263
EEPROM
Other??

Does anyone have a data sheet for the LA7610?

Thanks, Sam