[tvservice] Re: 46W500 Problems

  • From: Anthony Clayton <tcccjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:44:16 -0800 (PST)

Did you put heat sink compound or a rubber pad are the plastic ring on it
before screwing it down?

Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .hmmessage P  {
margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    its running but the 2SC5909 is still getting really
really hot so I don't leave it running very long because it will blow it.  And
the only place I found that has them at a reasonable price is in the UK and it
takes 2 weeks to get the part.

---------------------------------
  Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:13:40 -0800
From: kstang69@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tvservice] Re: 46W500 Problems
To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

did you get it working?

Mike Selnick <selnick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass EC_body.hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
Please remove my email address and my earlier message from your lists.  Thanks,

-- Mike

---------------------------------
  From: krybak1@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:42:59 -0500

    .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass
EC_body.hmmessage  {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}    check if leads of
the transistor are reversed, base and emiter  cross them

---------------------------------
  Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:55:33 -0800
From: tcccjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did you try the bridge one of the diodes maybe shorted.

Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .ExternalClass
.EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass EC_body.hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}    Hi all,

I am in need of some help.  This Hitachi 46W500 is kicking my butt.  It keeps
blowing the hv drive transistor.  I have replaced all the electrolytic in the
circuit and the fly back and the smps transformer.  Does anyone have some
experience with this issue.  Thanks.

Mike

  Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!

  Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! Check it out!

  The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console. Get it now!