[tvservice] Re: 46W500 Problems

  • From: Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:07:11 +0000

yes I put compuond on it.  It is defintely transferring the heat because the
heat sink gets so hot it will burn you after only running the tv about 10
minutes or so.

Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:44:16 -0800From: tcccjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[tvservice] Re: 46W500 ProblemsTo: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you put heat sink
compound or a rubber pad are the plastic ring on it before screwing it
down?Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

its running but the 2SC5909 is still getting really really hot so I don't leave
it running very long because it will blow it.  And the only place I found that
has them at a reasonable price is in the UK and it takes 2 weeks to get the
part.

Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:13:40 -0800From: kstang69@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[tvservice] Re: 46W500 ProblemsTo: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you get it
working?Mike Selnick <selnick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please remove my email address and my earlier message from your lists.  Thanks,
-- Mike

From: krybak1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tvservice] Re:
46W500 ProblemsDate: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:42:59 -0500

check if leads of the transistor are reversed, base and emiter  cross them

Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:55:33 -0800From: tcccjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[tvservice] Re: 46W500 ProblemsTo: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you try the
bridge one of the diodes maybe shorted.Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi all, I am in need of some help.  This Hitachi 46W500 is kicking my butt.  It
keeps blowing the hv drive transistor.  I have replaced all the electrolytic in
the circuit and the fly back and the smps transformer.  Does anyone have some
experience with this issue.  Thanks. Mike

Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! Check it out!

The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console. Get it now!