[triadtechtalk] Re: Zone Alarm

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:52:11 EST

In a message dated 11/26/02 8:29:21 PM Central Standard Time,
jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> what is advpack?

this is a file form Microsoft.. part of the data access files used during
installation etc of updates or installs of new programs.... lotsa of junk on
line about it being spyware but IT IS NOT spyware... a valid MS file ised by
windows and needed..... generally comes in when you do an online update
.....as to Zone Alarm data.... belive there is a button to clcik on to clear
collected data... foget now since have dumped ZA in favor of kerio to me lots
easier to use and not so annoying when it catches stuff coming in or going
out.. way esier in my mind and just as effective.... sheilds up tells me an
in stealth as has other testing sites for firewalls........................
           Chuck... in Ok