[triadtechtalk] Re: Windows XP

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:51:19 -0500

> > Anyone got any comments to make on the new
Windows
> > XP to be released in October?  From what I
have
> > read in a couple of reviews, it is going to be
the
> > problem solver for all us Win98, 5.5, 5.1,
etc.,
> > folks and if I read correctly it will include
> > go-back feature which will save those of us
who
> > goof up an easy way out of messes we get
ourselves
> > into at times (or most of the time for some of
> > us)!  ; )  Even though my machine is running
> > smooth as silk now (FINALLY), I think that I
will
> > upgrade as soon as it is released unless
further
> > reports uncover problems that the present
reviews
> > have possibly missed!

> > .......clarence.......

> Here's what I can tell you:

> 1. In spite of what the Linux crowd would tell
you, it is based upon a core
> that is as stable as Linux.

Which I have read also!

> 2. It is designed to be compatible with Windows
9x/ME, and supposedly
> succeeded well.

Yup, which would include mine!

> 3. It is widely praised by people who reported
that they hated 98 and ME.

I gathered that also!

> It does have its flaws, such as you need to call
Microsoft to install it the
> first time on any new machine, or any heavily
rebuilt old machine (only
> heavily rebuilt, supposedly). However, it is, as
best I can tell (and I
> haven't really used it myself) the best thing
Microsoft has put on a home
> user desktop to-date.

Yes, I noted that also which would not apply to
me!  The last sentence is a three out of three
opinion that I have read so far!

> I'd say, "Go for it."

Sounds like a plan and my plan so far and if
things don't change, about the only thing left to
do when it is released is to check for any
possible rebate deals or special prices from
dealers as I am pretty sure that it will be full
price at the MS site, which I believe will be a
hundred bucks, so anyone seeing it at a lower
price, please let me know!

.......clarence.......