[triadtechtalk] Re: Windows 98 Hold or Switch?

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:10:05 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2003 11:45:11 AM Central Standard Time,
brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
switching vs. keeping windows 98.

simple... if you "want to keep 98".. go to langa's site and do as he says to
collect all the files you will need..... but keep one thing in mind..... after
we hit 2004 and get on down the year.... lots more places on the web will be
dependent upon xp styling programs etc to work.... so......and handwrting is
on the wall just about clear as a bell.... upgrade... MS is forcing that and no
way around it unless you go to linux maybe...... you can try being a
holdout... but for how long?.... its a bummer and dont see any way around
it..... and
xp will be soon be  gone by the wayside in couple of years..... heck... I have
a box full of discs for dos,win3.0,3.1 win 95,and the major protion of them
are simply that.. box of old discs that will not run on xp... soon be same for
98,98se,me ..... add them to the box also..... need me a bigger box maybe.....
next is longhorn..... and loads of stuff I have will be added to the
box....... its coming..... and not much we can do about it ,other than to
unplug the
pc if we try to keep outmoded systems,unless we just want to have a display
unit on the shelf..... chuck...in ok