[triadtechtalk] Re: New Hard Drive

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:19:43 -0800 (PST)

Does your TI include the cloning tool? If yes, use it
to clone your old HDD.What you want to do is to clone
your present installation from the old disk in the new
one.

An image is to be used in restoring a disk, not
building one. I know in Ghost you wouldn't be able to
get the new HDD to boot if you just copied the image
into the new disk, so I assume TI is the same.

The new HDDs come with a manufacturer's CD full of
utilities. In your case, I would use that to clone the
old into the new. It will allow you to partition,
format and copy the whole kit'n'caboodle.

Then make sure you TI the new HDD. The old image you
created for the present disk will not work to restore
your new HDD once it has been cloned.

An image is but a picture of the contents and not a
sector by sector copy of a HDD, i.e., it's not a clone.

HTH,
armando.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:02:43 -0600, "Jim Moss" wrote:

I am planning to install a new hard drive in my
computer.  I have a set of True Image backupcd's I made
some time ago.  Can someone tell me if the correct
procedure is to format the new HD, then install windows
(XP), and then run the True Image disks as instructed
or will TI install windows since True Image is a
complete hd image?
Jim Moss Grab our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6
months @$9.95/month.
VIEW ARCHIVES @ //www.freelists.org

UNSUBSCRIBE by sending email to
triadtechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in