[triadtechtalk] Re: Dual boot OS option

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:22:50 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/2001 3:56:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Someone with windows 2000 please correct me if I'm wrong about the Winnt
> folder?? I've been beta testing XP for the last few months and I'm a little
> rusty on Windows 2K folders....

you are 100 perecnt correct all the way... had thesame thing to me and after
a few weeks of digging figured it out.... but didnt reinstall to a new folder
as I didnt have any data in the win2k os... now have my mini cray with 4 hard
drives and have each os on seperate drives and use a batch file to boot to
the drive I want when the boot screen opens.... bit wierd but works for me
since this mother board is an abitbx6-133 raid and can support 8 ide
devices.. bit of a problem to set it up but got it working.. now run
win98,winme, win2k and winxp all on sperate drives.... now just have to be
very veru careful with any sort of cleaners etc.... Chuck.. in Ok