[triadtechtalk] Re: Dual Boot Menu Don't Work!

  • From: "Bruce Eddy" <beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:41:32 -0500

Try this from PC  Mag
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd/cts?d=81-246-5-2-75886-16212-1

HTH,
Bruce
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Howard
  To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 10:22 AM
  Subject: [triadtechtalk] Dual Boot Menu Don't Work!

        I have a win98SE/XPPro dual boot on my computer. I ran win98SE install
over my present install and now I still have the menu, but it will only open
98. If I try to run XP, it restarts the computer. I did save the boot.ini file
and reinstalled it after the 98 install and both menu items show up. I believe
there is at least one more file that I should have saved and reinstalled  ...
but I didn't. Any help appreciated (even if I can get to open XP again).
Thanks ...

        Howard

GIF image

JPEG image