[triadtechtalk] Re: Backing up question

  • From: "ElisabethM" <elisam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:01:42 +1000

Hi amigos

Thank you all for your suggestions.  There is certainly
more than one way of skinning a cat.  Up to now I
have been doing my installs the way you are doing it
Brendan.

But reading recently the "expert's" tip on how to
install progs, I remembered that I did once render
Wordpad unusable  when installing some prog.
(I get a message popping up saying: Object creating
problem - the System cannot find the file specified) .
So I had to reinstall Wordpad from my CD and to
this day I have the useless one on my context menu,
as well as the reinstalled one.

Now in regards to finding the elusive Sys dat and
User Dat on C:\Windows with the help of  the Find
Feature e.g. right click the Start Button or press the
Windows Key and F, I must say it is a very fussy
customer as it will not show the User.Dat file if it is
not typed in a certain way.  For instance "user.data"
finds zilch., if I type "userdata" I get the one and only
one I am after.  If I type "User Data" I get 137 entries
out of which I  could pick the one I am after.
This explains why I couldn't find anything at all when I
first tried it.

Muchas gracias a tu Armando por tu proposicíon.  I'll have
a look at it tonight.

Thank you all, once again, I really appreciate your help.
Elisabeth