[triadtechtalk] Re: Backing up question

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 06:17:31 -0500

> Hi members,

Hi ya' Liz!

> Some experts recommend a registry as well as a
User.dat and System.dat files
> back up prior to installing a new prog. The
question is where do I find the
> User.dat and the Sys.dat files?  I am told they
are in the C:\Windows
> folder, but I can't find them.

> Can anyone, please,  tell me what's the easiest
way to find these little
> darlings?  I am running Win98SE.

Press your Windows Key+F (making sure that Drive C
is selected in "Look in") and (in Named) type in
User.dat and then System.dat (one at a time) and
those dear little puppies will pop right up and
stare right into your beautiful blues!

Old blue eyes himself!.......clarence.......