[children's transport group] Re: PICS conference report

  • From: dennis kerr <kerrdennis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:26:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ian,
great catching up in manchester last week:

Regarding PPE for rota wing retrieval.

We are going down the line of a two piece suit rather than one piece flight
overalls - the main percieved advantage is that when arriving at referring
hospital you can take of the jacket and not overheat in the neonatal/
paediatric
environment. The material is a nomex/kevlar flame retardant - waterproof jacket
and flame retardant trousers. Price range was resonable around £430 for
complete
suit. (it only comes in green, red or orange colours). We have opted out of
high
visibilty componet - will just put a high vis vest over the top.

The supplier we are looking at is Lojigma international limited. www.Lojigma.com
The contact person is Mr John Duncan Phone +44 (0) 1383 822003

Regarding helmets:
Supplier
Helmet integrated systems LTD
www.helmets.co.uk
phone: +44 (0) 1776 704421
Again we are looking at a multifit size in the Alpha 400 series with coms spec.
Similiar price to what you had mentioned.

regarding footwear
looking at range of boots from SP services
www.spservices.co.uk

I would be interested to hear what other teams who have a flight component;
whether it fixed or rota wing - what PPE do you provide staff and what training
are you offering.

regards,
Dennis

www.paedsretrieval.com