[children's transport group] personal protective equipment

  • From: Ian Braithwaite <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:14:51 +0100

Many thanks Dennis

I only have experience of the Gallet LH050 helmets from working in Australia,
although I'm not sure where you can get them in the UK. We found the
microphones to be a bit temperamental.

Paraid have started selling flight suits. I saw one the other day - looked very
well made, a bit over the top with pockets though! And that is from a guy who
needs at least six :o)
http://www.paraid.co.uk/p-37-Doctor-Paramedic-Protective-Flight-Suits.aspx

On another note, I was lucky enough to meet with some nurses from AMREF -
African Flying Doctors the other day. And for some reason I thought of you.
http://www.amref.org/flying-doctors/about-us/

I'd also be interested in hearing about training options for nurses for whom
going up in a helicopter may only be an occasional part of their job.

Thanks again

Ian Braithwaite
Senior Transport Nurse
Embrace
Yorkshire and Humber Paediatric and Neonatal Transport Service
UK