[tor] Re: Fwd: [#SDU-156133]: Tor Server Custom Build

  • From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:03:10 -0500

Wow, that AES-NI is hot shit!

Well, let me know how the US folks here can help. I'd offer to be the
host for the kickstarter project for this, but I need to check into
some legal stuff on my end before I commit to that. The configuration
stuff below sounds good to me, and it sounds like you've thought it
out.

At what point can torservers be confident it can support $800/month?
(I don't intend for you to answer that, just that this should be more
of a non-profit business calculation with a certain assumed level of
steady donators so that no payments are missed, etc. ... which makes
the yearly price very attractive, assuming a refund if they get
complaints that can only be solved by killing the node.)

best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
ACCURATE Postdoctoral Research Associate