[torontocbm] Re: Canadian Tire Auto Maintenance by Batteries Included

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:15:29 -0400

Golan Klinger wrote:
James Alexander wrote:

Didn't canadian tire sell some tape with vic systems in their stores?

I think they gave it away with the purchase. Leif would know. He had/has a copy.

Yes, Canadian Tire gave away a tape full of games with every VIC-20 they sold. I got one when I bought my VIC there, some 20+ years ago.

The games were pretty good too, a mix of type-ins from the VIC manual (modified) and custom games. The little intro with the Canadian Tire logo and sound effects is pretty cool in its way.

For the curious, I long ago converted the tape into a D64 that you can download here.

http://www.jammingsignal.com/vic20/canadiantire-vic20.zip

Regards,
Leif

--
Leif Bloomquist
leif(at)schemafactor(dot)com

"Time flies like an arrow, just not towards me."