[TN-Butterflies] Re: caterpiller photos

  • From: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

I can't say enough about how good sweet fennel is for attracting Black
Swallowtails. I also get other butterflies and dozens of species of bees and
wasps nectaring on the small yellow flowers. You need vertical space for this
plant because it gets about 8 feet tall. Another great thing about it is that
it produces a bulb so once it's established, it's comes back year after year
and if you like the flavor of licorice or anise, it tastes great!

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com