[TN-Butterflies] Re: caterpiller photos

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <baumgrdner@xxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:19:23 -0500

Susan makes a point that we all would do well to keep in mind as this and
future butterfly seasons in Tennessee develop--namely, that a lot of the
evidence about the butterflies we enjoy is photo-based and that a great many
talented photographers among us are not only documenting the butterflies but
doing so in an aesthetically pleasing manner.  If you go to the BAMONA website
and check out the species accounts, you will often find that a Tennessee
photographer is among those who have contributed photos to those accounts.  Ken
Childs is one of at least a half dozen skilled image-gatherers from Tennessee
who bring distinction to our collective efforts to document the distribution of
our state's butterflies.

Thanks again Susan for this reminder.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville, Putnam County