[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:04:57 EST

A walk along the road and dam this morning at Radnor Lake, Nashville,
produced 2 Louisiana Waterthrushes, one singing, and one silently bobbing
along.  A pair of Gnatcatchers is almost finished building a nest in a tree
along the dam road about a third of the way down from Otter Creek Rd.  I put
2 big, dead pieces of bark on the ground next to the wall where the tree is
if anybody from here wants to locate it.  Two Canada Geese chased another
goose off of a nest with eggs by flying right at it.  It eventually came back
to the nest.  One of the nesting geese looks like a hybrid Canada/Greater
White-fronted Goose.  There were 4 Banded Water Snakes below the spillway,
and 4 more along the bank by the road.  And one Red-headed Woodpecker along
the trail at the east end was reported to me.

Lots of goings on out there.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN