[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:33:04 EDT

Radnor Lake
Davidson Co., TN
I heard the Yellow-bellied Flycatcher again this morning at Radnor Lake, but
not the Black-throated Blue Warbler.  Kevin Bowden and I found a Pewee on its
nest at least 50 feet high in a tree where the Lake Trail meets the East
Parking Lot Trail.  We also watched for quite a while 2 adult Barred Owls and 1
fledgling at the bridge where the Lake Trail meets Otter Creek Rd.  The
fledgling
was making its screechy begging call, and finally one of the adults flew up
to feed it (which I caught on tape).  Wonderful stuff!

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN