[TN-Bird] Re: Odd happenings!

  • From: "Ford, Robert" <robert_p_ford@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tarcila@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 07:40:44 -0600

I remember the first time I read about this was in the 1952 "The Migrant",
Common Grackles had roosted to close to the water at Reelfoot Lake.  If
anyone is interested it should be at the following link.  Ice on grackle
tails is a relatively small part of the story, which is mainly about the
blackbird roosts at Reelfoot.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tnbirds.org/MigrantOnline/V023/V023017-022.pdf&sa=U&ei=K9YVU9v2HOjF2AXku4DgBQ&ved=0CAUQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEKwrQJoo-ZK4KGoj8Gco5ivdbYwQ