[TN-Bird] Re: Hummingbirds

  • From: Cynthia Routledge <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ssomershoe@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 13:58:28 -0500

And don't forget to watch for those special western migrants who have been
known to make an appearance in Tennessee.
Consider leaving out a feeder year round. And if you get a hummer visitor after
Nov. 15th there are hummer researchers who want to know about these birds.
In East TN contact Mark Armstrong and in Middle and West TN contact me.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Cyndi Routledge
Montgomery County

On Oct 4, 2015, at 1:42 PM, Scott Somershoe <ssomershoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some Ruby-throats linger until late Oct and they can be regular through
mid-Oct, so these early Oct reports aren't too surprising. They just aren't
at every feeder this time of year. A bird after Halloween is getting late
though!

Of course I haven't seen a hummingbird in Colorado in a few weeks (although
my wife saw a bird last week while I was out)!

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Nita Heilman <nrheilmanandcats@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sunday, October 4, 2015

We had a Ruby-throated Hummer at church this morning in the St. Bethlehem
area of Clarksville! It was drinking from the nectar feeder in our
butterfly/hummingbird flower bed!

Nita Heilman
Clarksville,Tn
Montgomery Co.