[TN-Bird] Cumberland County

  • From: John Cyrus <cyrus150@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:41:46 +0000

I had a very birdy morning today.   One thing I've noticed with ebird is the
odd setup they have for species this time of year in Cumberland County.  Birds
like Red-eyed Vireo, Great-crested Flycatcher, Hooded Warbler, and Scarlet
Tanagers are coming up as rarities when I have seen many of each of the species.

Some counts from this morning

Stationary Count from Fairfield Glade

Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Red-eyed Vireo 2
Carolina Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Eastern Bluebird 1
American Robin 2
Ovenbird 1
Hooded Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 20+
Yellow-throated Warbler 1 (this guy fed on the ground within 10 feet of me)
Chipping Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 2
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Baltimore Oriole 1
American Goldfinch 1

Loop trail at Justin P. Wilson Cumberland Trail State Park(Black Mountain)

Turkey Vulture 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 4
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
White-eyed Vireo 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 2
Blue-headed Vireo 5
Red-eyed Vireo 12+
Blue Jay 1
Tufted Titmouse 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Swainson's Thrush 1
Wood Thrush 2
Ovenbird 16+
Worm-eating Warbler 2 (2 seen, probably a 3rd heard)
Black and White Warbler 6
Tennessee Warbler 1
Hooded Warbler 18+
Blackburnian Warbler 1 male