[tmp] Re: A question help please, , with my Sansa Clip+ player

  • From: Laz <accessibleelectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:46:56 -0400

Hi Rhonda,

This is not the procedure for reassigning drive letters for USB
devices, but I thought that perhaps uninstalling the driver and having
Windows set it up again might correct the issue you're having. Below
is the procedure for uninstalling the driver in either Windows XP or
Windows 7:

In Windows XP, connect the player, bring up the control panel, system,
go to the hardware tab, press enter on device manager. Then find the
uSB section by typing the letter u, expand it, then press the letter u
until you hear the one which says mass storage device, press the
applications key, go down to uninstall and press enter. If it asks for
verification, go ahead. then disconnect the player and then reconnect
it and let Windows set up the driver anew. I would avoid having
anything else connected via USB just to make sure I didn't uninstall
the wrong driver.

In Windows 7, connect the player, bring up the control panel, choose
system, then choose device manager. Then find the uSB section by
typing the letter u, expand it, then press the letter u until you hear
the one which says mass storage device, press the applications key, go
down to uninstall and press enter. If it asks for verification, go
ahead. then disconnect the player and then reconnect it and let
Windows set up the driver anew. I would avoid having anything else
connected via USB just to make sure I didn't uninstall the wrong
driver.

Regards,

Laz