[tipsdiscussion] Fw: ARLX005 National Hurricane Center's WX4NHC Sets On-The-Air Station Test

  • From: "Anne" <anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:24:01 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "ARRL Web site" <memberlist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Subscribed ARRL Members:>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:05 AM
Subject: ARLX005 National Hurricane Center's WX4NHC Sets On-The-Air Station
Test

> SB SPCL @ ARL $ARLX005
> ARLX005 National Hurricane Center's WX4NHC Sets On-The-Air Station Test
>
> ZCZC AX05
> QST de W1AW
> Special Bulletin 5  ARLX005
> From ARRL Headquarters
> Newington CT  May 29, 2008
> To all radio amateurs
>
> SB SPCL ARL ARLX005
> ARLX005 National Hurricane Center's WX4NHC Sets On-The-Air Station Test
>
> The annual WX4NHC On-the-Air Station Test from the National
> Hurricane Center (NHC) in Miami takes place Saturday, May 31, from
> 1300-2100 UTC. "The purpose of this annual Station Test is to test
> all of our radio equipment, computers and antennas using as many
> modes and frequencies as possible. This is not a contest or
> simulated hurricane exercise. New equipment and software will be
> tested, and some operator training will also be conducted," says
> WX4NHC Assistant Amateur Radio Volunteer Coordinator Julio Ripoll,
> WD4R. He adds that WX4NHC also will be testing new computers and
> software as well conducting operator training.
>
> WX4NHC will be on the air on HF, VHF and UHF, plus 2 and 30 meter
> APRS. Suggested SSB frequencies are 3.950, 7.268, 14.325, 21.325 and
> 28.525 MHz, +/-QRM; WX4NHC reports that they will mostly be on
> 14.325 MHz and will make announcements when they change frequencies.
> WX4NHC also will be on the VoIP Hurricane Net 1700-1900 UTC (IRLP
> node 9219/EchoLink WX-TALK Conference) and on South Florida area
> VHF/UHF repeaters and simplex.
>
> Stations working WX4NHC exchange call sign, signal report, location
> and name plus a brief weather report, such as "sunny," "rain" or
> "cloudy." Non-hams may submit their actual weather using the On-Line
> Hurricane Report Form.  QSL to WD4R and include a self-addressed,
> stamped envelope. Do not send cards to the NHC. Due to security
> measures, no visitors will be allowed at NHC during the test.
> NNNN
> /EX
>

> --
5:33 PM

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx