[tinwhiskers] Re: [RoHSUSAPushback] WG: E-Mail schreiben an: 120825.htm

  • From: "Parnagian, Ed" <ed.parnagian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Steve Smith' <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:18:14 +0200

Hi, John!

I'm very glad your exploratory op went well, but the analogy that you're
creating is mildly flawed.  If your medical condition/circumstances fell
outside the norm, your medical insurer could have easily transformed your
situation in a nonsensical way quit reminisent of the EU's decision making on
RoHS.

As an example, I was experiencing shoulder pain and pressure in the chest.
Failed a stress test with notable reduction of flow to the apex of the heart.
My primary care doctor actually had to argue with the interventional
cardiologist and insurance folks that a catheterization was justified to expose
and hopefully clear a blockage in the coronary arteries.  His argument focused
on which costs less:  cathing to head off a heart attack or waiting for a heart
attack to occur and then cathing?  Contrary to what you are expecting for an
answer, they actually realized that an overnight in the hospital plus cath
would cost less than an ambulance, cath, and a week in the hospital - and gave
in.  The really amusing aspect was their espression of amazement to find
blocked arteries.

My point is that sometimes deductive reasoning based upon real world experience
is actually a more efficient process than waiting for scientific data.  And no!
 I would not recommend surgical intervention without exploratory procedures ...
:o).  But why should we have to go down the path of leadfree after all of
scientific research says that it probably isn't an environementally sound
decision.  Same goes for reliability.

BTW, have you ever wondered about the fact that inovative drugs and treatments
are introduced in the EU years ahead of them gaining FDA approval here at home?
 From my perspective, giving thanks that the EU doesn't control medicine is not
justified.  They already do exactly what would worry you, but their ill founded
decision making is only effecting our fellow humans living in Europe.

Please know that you have my sincere good wishes for a happy and healthy
outcome of your upcoming medical activities.

Very best regards,
Ed