[THIN] Re: cloneing mfpsv3

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:44:57 +1200

whenever I have cloned a server, i usually chfarm to a nonexistant
farm before making the image and then chfarm back into the real farm
after imaging.  You might even be able to script that in somehwhere on
the build side.

Greg

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:30:01 -0800, Stratton, Doug MSER:EX
<Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What we are doing:
> We are setting up servers using sysprep.  We set it all up, install mf, do
> the clean up as per citrix cloning docs (does not include removing from farm
> in anyway).  Then sysprep it.
>
> Problem is:
> The box we initially sysprep from does not go back into the farm correclty
> ever again.  We image it and try to add to farm and it does not work.  We
> have to do dsmaint recreatelhc to get it to go in.
>
> I noticed that before adding it back the server is gone from the farm except
> that it still shows up under zone information?

> Doug Stratton
>
> CITS
>  Technology Development Analyst
>
> Work: 250-356-6678
>

> doug.m.stratton@xxxxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296