[THIN] printing problem - WFSHELLWINDOW

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Org Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:58:10 -0500

Hi group,

I've been having this problem for a while now but did not find the source of
it. Every now and then some of my servers all of a sudden stop autocreate
local client printers (connected to client PC LPT port). If user has network
printers configured through CMC and imported print server - that still works
fine. Same behavior is for Admin as for a user. No alarming Event Viewer
messages found to date. If user or admin tries to log off they see system
window about the WFSHELLWINDOW process that is being closed (with a button
"End now" at the bottom of the window). If I reboot the server everything
goes back to normal util next time it happens.

Other farm Info:

4 dual-head W2K SP4 servers running MF XP 1.0 FR3/SP4. citrix clients ver
7.00

Printer management settings:
Use universal printer driver only if native driver is unavailable.
Autocreate client printers - All client printers

If someone has an idea - this would be awesome.

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke Regional Hospital
tel. (613) 732-3675 #6150
fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemreghos.org

--
The information in this email belongs to the Pembroke Regional Hospital
and may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296