[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer - Details View Issue

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:19:19 +1000

Hi

I tried this but it didnt work...  Im not sure if the servers in question are
not working due to OS hardening scripts...  If I login as a user and customise.
 I logout then login to the same server using the same user (with same local
profile) but the settings revert back to default..  Are there any server
settings that may prevent this preference from being saved?

Thanks
Ang

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:53:01 +0200
From: dmauri@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Windows Explorer - Details View Issue

    Hi Angela,

    try to set up whatever you want and save this profile to 'default'
    profile so those users will take this settings.

    works for me.

    Rgrds,.

        Hi

        I have a weird issue
          I was hoping someone can assist with.  I want to set Windows
          Explorer View
          to Details for all users.  However it always defaults back to
          Icons View when user logs
          out/in (even on the same server).  We don't use roaming
          profiles.
           Only local profiles are used which are deleted nightly. Ive
attempted the
          following based on numerous posts that I have read to no avail

        1) Type:  Change
          user /install

        Open Explorer.exe

        Go to menu [Tools,
          Folder Options, View] and set performance of the folder to
          detail

        Close Explorer

          type: change user /execute

        2) Login as a test
          user.  Set Folder options to Detail.  Logout.  Using an admin
          account copy profile to default user

          Any thoughts/ideas on this one?  I think its really strange
          that my test user isn't retaining the Detail view setting
          using a local profile.  Ive ruled out profile corruption by
          testing with multiple accounts on differrent servers - same
          issue.  Im happy to run a script via GPO that
          sets the relevant HKCU key.  Just need to know what key to
          update to fix
          the issue

          Windows 2003R2

          XenApp 4.5