[THIN] Re: Citrix Performance - Processor Scheduling and Memory Usage

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:22:02 +1000

Mark R actually goes a bit more deeper than that, if you've read his books.
That why I wrote this article, which Andrew kindly posted below:
http://www.jhouseconsulting.com/2008/05/13/processor-scheduling-20

However, Andrew's comments are very true. Each and every setting effects the
next. On a 32-bit system you are simply tweaking the way the 2GB Kernel
memory space works. Every time you enhance one setting you are essentially
robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

From: rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Usage
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:40:58 -0400

Funny, I just a Citrix engineer tell me to set it to System Cache!

  _____

From: Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:38:25 -0500
Usage

Memory Usage should be set to Applications (or whatever is NOT "System
Cache").

  _____