[THIN] Re: What is "The Ultimate Thin Client"??

  • From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:08:32 -0500

That is awesome to hear.  I've worried about Maxspeed as they were
always one of my favorite companies due to their just down right great
customer service.  So, I'm happy to hear your experiences with Neoware.

I'm also curious what you think of the price?  Steve makes a great point
that it is a bit on the high side and I agree somewhat but I still think
there is a huge benefit from a thin client savings perspective.   I
guess it is only "soft" dollars but soft dollars are dollars and it all
adds up.

The biggest problem I have with a Thin Client like that Maxbook is that
I would like to have Word and PowerPoint installed on it but legally I'm
not aloud.  I know that it is what Citrix is for but I'm not always able
to connect or... well... sometimes I just like having my apps locally.

What do you guys think?   I give me vote for the thin client vs. the PC
but then don't you dare take my PC from me or I will come after you...
;) :-)   I guess I'm a confused man....

DB

Douglas A. Brown

President and Chief Technology Officer