[THIN] What is "The Ultimate Thin Client"??

  • From: "IT Support" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:06:35 -0000

I'd like to know what the ultimate, future proof(!), thin client would
be...

I want to get something that can run v9+ ica clients, be centrally
managed + updated and easily deployed ...

Of course it also has to be neat and tidy etc. (all the usual
requirements)

...but it also has to support multimedia - future video conferencing via
citrix, voip etc.

I like the look of the Jackpc from chippc
http://www.chippc.com/products/jackpc/flow.aspp
<http://www.chippc.com/products/jackpc/specs.asp> , which I believe is
the only PoE thin client that fits inside a jack socket. Very neat!

But I'd like to throw this open to the list for your thoughts - is
anyone actually using a jackpc? - what are they like?

Is there a better client to deploy?

Cheers.