[THIN] Re: Web Interface 3.0

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:50:18 -0600

usually that is not a problem b/c most firewalls are configured on the perspective of traffic that needs to be blocked originating from the outside. In the case of WI, the origination is from the client workstation within the firewall and is thus, usually allowed. If you have the issue of having traffic blocked by a firewall, then secure gateway is an alternative that would get around that problem.

Petitti, Bruno wrote:

Hi,
Currently we are running Web Interface 3.0 with Metaframe XP. To my understanding, all the communication between the client workstation and Web Interface server occurs by default on port 80. Once the connection is established, to the internal Citrix server, it is using port 1494 at this time.
Are major issue is that when a user is offsite at a client location, the client firewall usually has port 1494 blocked.
Is there a better solution then always asking the client to open the port on there firewall? Or is Citrix Secure Access a better solution?

Thanks for your help in advance.