[THIN] Re: Unable to kill hung process

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:12:37 -0500

Nah.  User mode goes into the kernel to actually do the kill (for any of the
suggested methods), and permissions are checked inside the kernel.  So the
state of the target process doesn't matter (it doesn't cooperate in its own
death), so the problem had to be that inside the kernel there was a
corrupted table.  The only task that can't be killed by the kernel is id=0,
the "system idle" task.