[THIN] Re: Unable to kill hung process

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:06:01 +0100

Svein Arild wrote:

>kill.exe from the resource kit.
>
>example:
>kill f cristmascard.exe
>kill f 1234
>
>  f is force.
>
>If you dont have it, i can send you the file.

Thanks, but I tried this as well (forgot it to mention). Result: "Access
denied" (even with parameter -f). But kill wanted to delete process #0
(instead of the real process number), so there must be happened something
very unusual with this process when its corresponding session died.

I'm feeling very uncomfortable knowing that something like this is possible
at all...

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator