[THIN] Re: UNC Blocking with external access only

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:01:40 -0400

AAC doesn't do anything with published apps outside of letting you control
what apps get published based on the AAC filters and applying Citrix
policies based on AAC filters.  It would not modify any sort of
functionality within the application itself.  You have misunderstood what I
was trying to say.

AAC can do checks but they are based on some sort of value.  For instance, a
version of McAfee or Firewall.  If those values change on the client side,
then you must also know the change has happened so you can adjust your EPA
scans.  Otherwise, the EPA's will fail and the users won't get access.

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 9/7/06, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought AAC would allow you to do clever checks on the endpoint - I didn't realise it'd be able to modify functionality within an individual published application?

The way I was thinking of would be to redirect your users to different
citrix servers based on their source location. The sensitive users would be
directed to servers with an lmhosts file that 'blocked' the UNC by
overriding the source name's IP resolution.

messy mind.