[THIN] Re: There goes the Neighborhood? what the?

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:59:55 -0700

*       It looks like this service is dependent on Web Interface - I wonder
what it does if WI is down?

I think that is the fundamental change here, not necessarily the UI portion.
PN was fundamentally based on talking directly to the farm or target server
whereas WI and PNagent assume a middleware web infrastructure to enumerate
apps/servers and point you to the right place.

While I understand the user experience benefit of the web services approach
I do have the concern of not being able to go "direct". This might just be
legacy thinking though, I go back to Winview when direct was all there was
:-)

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453