[THIN] Re: There goes the Neighborhood? what the?

  • From: "Holley, Mark" <Holley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:10:22 -0500

Good points Joe....one offs are harder to manage.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I may be) but you can't automatically push
an Icon to the desktop from WI can you?

The old days of full desktops can not be totally gone yet...How do you
do it now? I guess desktop manager does this a different way?

I used to create a custom connection on the thin client that auto
launched for users to get to the server desktop. Worked great...and kept
everything neatly on the server side.

Mark Holley
Technology Engineering & Deployment Group
City of Jacksonville
Holley@xxxxxxx
904-255-8133