[THIN] Re: Speed requirements

  • From: "Justin Martin" <jmartin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:32:36 -0500

Thanks for the response - am I going in the right direction for cost and
the number of users I need added to the network? I really don't want to
look at setting up a frame relay connection or VPN to the remote site.
Most likely they will only require one application and possibly email,
however the app is a real bandwidth hog and is very unresponsive across
a VPN. Eventually I will have the one remote office with the 10 users
and up to 5 smaller branches with 3-5 users at each location. What about
the head office - what kind of pipe inbound should I look at as a
minimum? The printing should be rather small, single page call reports
and the odd email attachment.

  _____