[THIN] Re: Speed requirements

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:05:40 -0500

The users on the farm I mention don't even notice the restriction's
impact. Most printers simply don't print fast enough to be waiting on
the spooler for another page of output. This is usually the bottleneck
in my experience.

 My suggestion is to start at 15kbps adjust up in increments of 5kbps
if someone complains about slow printing.

If you really want to know how much bandwidth. You can look at a
Packetshaper or similar device to keep track of what ICA printing really
uses.  I don't think that is useful because printing will take whatever
bandwidth it can anyway.

>>> dmauri@xxxxxx 11/7/2003 11:33:36 AM >>>

ok,
but how can i know the correct value?
How can I know how much KB printer need?

Thks.

What's keeping you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did
you
real constraints & how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up
rather
than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147