[THIN] Re: Setting up network Printers on Windows 2003 Terminal Server issue

  • From: "cherie.watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:11:39 +1000

Hi Rosemary

When you map a printer, the connection is created under HKCU. This isn't
available to any other users.

However all of the printer drivers are now installed onto the Windows 2003 tse
server. So you could just allow your users to map whatever printers they need.
I would enable policy's to prevent them from installing printer drivers.

The only other slightly sensible suggestion would be to create installed
printer queues but instead of going to the printer, create a local port and
connect it to the Server\printer sharename. This way there is no contention for
the printer. But you will have to re-setup your printer settings.

That's all I can think of.

Cheers

Cherie