[THIN] Re: Setting up network Printers on Windows 2003 Terminal Server issue

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:55:07 -0400

I know some people will disagree with me but Kix is really outdated. It
was a great product in NT4 but today we have more powerful tools built
into the OS. I personally use Javascript which I believe is the best
scripting tool (I like it much better then VB). If you use VB or JS, it
is important to have a tool to edit your scripts with. I recommended
Primal Script...makes editing and viewing the script easy (color coded).

If you are interested in Javascript, I can send you a sample code to map
printers based on group. However I recommend purchasing a book with with
some good Windows Scripting Host examples.

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA
Network Administrator