[THIN] Re: Profile migration from Windows 2003 to 2008R2

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:44:00 +1100

I agree with Joe.

Hector,

I have a logoff script that will export the Outlook profile, signatures and
stuff to the users home drive, and a logon script that will import the
Outlook profile and copy the signatures and stuff into place. Send me a
message off-line if you want a copy.

I have some other logon/import and logoff/export scripts for other apps.
Also happy to share them.

Basically, if you don’t want to use 3rd party software to help with the
migration of profiles, pick your top 5 – 10 business apps where the settings
are import to retain, and just write script to do the work for you. It’s
pretty simple.

Cheers,

Jeremy.