[THIN] Re: Printer default not set

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:39:29 +1000

Hi Rick

We run
Published Applications only.  Our published applications wait for printers to
be
created already.  We do use a Printer retention policy with "Held in profile
only if not
saved on client".  I'll also look at the ICA-tcp listener setting

Thanks for your feedback as per always

Ang

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:46:03 +1000
From: ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Printer default not set

Hi Angela,

It's a bit bad when I'm replying to my own comments.

You all other applications in the session suddenly made me realise that we're
possibly looking at a published desktop?

A published desktop still has the same "Start this application without waiting
for printers to be created" option, and this can still cause problems depending
on the number of printers.

However if ou're running CPS 4 or 4.5 another factor that can make life more
interesting is the printer properties retention option under the CMC Policy's
Printing > Client Printers >printer policies. MIght also be worth your time to
try disabling this policy to see if things improve.

Also, under the ICA-tcp listener properties > client settings, try unticking
"Use connection settings from user settings" which will force the server
settings of "Default to main client printer".

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
www.commander.com

On 10/14/07, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
Hi

We have an issue where Lotus Notes intermittently does not select the
correct default Printer.  It will always default to any local Printer on the

Citrix Server - ie Microsoft Document Image Writer.  The clients Printers
are autocreated and are in the Printer drop down list but the
default is incorrect.  I have tried deleting Terminal Server profiles and

upgrading the ICA client to no avail.  Still defaults to Microsoft Document
Image Writer.

Has anyone seen this before?  All other applications in the same session are
OK.  The correct default Printer is set in all applications except Lotus

Notes.  We use Lotus Notes client 6.5.4.  We cannot upgrade the Lotus Notes
client to see if a newer version fixes this issue.  Any ideas??

Thanks
Ang

--
Ulrich Mack
www.commander.com

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT