[THIN] Re: Printer default not set

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:46:03 +1000

Hi Angela,

It's a bit bad when I'm replying to my own comments.

You all other applications in the session suddenly made me realise that
we're possibly looking at a published desktop?

A published desktop still has the same "Start this application without
waiting for printers to be created" option, and this can still cause
problems depending on the number of printers.

However if ou're running CPS 4 or 4.5 another factor that can make life more
interesting is the printer properties retention option under the CMC
Policy's Printing > Client Printers >printer policies. MIght also be worth
your time to try disabling this policy to see if things improve.

Also, under the ICA-tcp listener properties > client settings, try unticking
"Use connection settings from user settings" which will force the server
settings of "Default to main client printer".

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
www.commander.com