[THIN] Re: Pcl 5e VS pcl 6

  • From: Jason Patten <pattenj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:18:23 -0400

I have noticed that when printing using the HP LaserJet 4 driver on the
Server side that if the client has a PCL6 driver, the printing is EXTREMELY
slow, on the order of one page per minutes or sometimes slower than that.
Printing is more normal with the PCL5e driver.  This ONLY seems to occur
though when the client has Windows XP.  With other OS's I have not seen
this.  It took MONTHS to find the solution.  98% of the time though if I
have the user swap out to a PCL5e driver the slow printing issue goes away.