[THIN] Re: Pcl 5e VS pcl 6

  • From: Jeff Soules <jsoules@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:45:39 -0400

> Currently I am going down the same path trying to utilize the PCL
> 5e driver or postscript driver. Also, we are trying to limit the number of
drivers
> installed on the server and using mappings when possible.

How do you decide what to map in order to limit this number -- mapping
printers to related members of the same family?  Or something more sneaky?

We've been having issues especially with the 4 series (4200, 4800, 4050,
etc).  Though it could be those just happen to be the printers our clients
use.

> Have you installed any of the newer HP drivers that are suppose to be be
Terminal server
> compatible or are you using the native drivers from the CD?

Well, we've been installing the latest available versions from HP's website.
I haven't seen anything that specifically labels them as especially TS
compatible, but they're the most up-to-date driver versions available.