[THIN] Re: Patching in a 24/7 use environment.

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 08:33:12 -0700

The only way I know of is to do rolling updates- take certain servers =
out of
the farm, patch them, and then put them back in. One way to do this is
disable new logins on target servers for a period of time before the =
planned
outage to reduce the number of users that would need to be knocked off. =
If
you have enough servers, you could make the period of time very long so =
that
there would no one logged in when the time came to patch and reboot.

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262