[THIN] Re: FW: Re: softricity for the Enterprise

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:34:32 -0400

Brian,

NDA issues apply - so you will not likely get an answer in a public forum.

If you really want to understand the costs of SoftGrid, you should either
work with a var/integrator that is already experienced (assuming you are an
enterprise admin) or work with Softricity to become one.  In my opinion,
Softricity makes a terrific value in the complex environment Ruben described
(more due to savings in administration), and small environments (more due to
savings in servers) -- but costs and savings are hard to generalize so you
need someone to look at your situation.  A really good VAR can help you make
sense of it all.

As to the rumor, that has been a constant, sometimes downplayed by those
companies.  Citrix doesn't have much of a record of buying compatible
technology yet.

Tim