[THIN] Re: Patching in a 24/7 use environment.

  • From: "Schneider, Chad M" <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:31:31 -0500

Yup, schedule the time!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Lambert [mailto:rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 10:30 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Patching in a 24/7 use environment.

Does anyone here do it?

What are some methodologies that have worked for you? Currently we have a
3-4 hour window max to deploy patches to our infrastructure, which works
nicely. This, however, is going to change very soon due to some ASP
customers needing 24/7 operation.

--

Ryan Lambert, MCP, CCA

Network Engineer

OnlyOne IS

1242 East 49th St.

Cleveland, OH 44114

Ph/Fax: 216-373-2757

http://www.onlyoneis.com/

http://www.myonlyone.com <http://www.myonlyone.com/> /

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping you from getting
more from your terminal servers? Did you know, in most cases, CPU
Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this
free white paper to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
the below link:

than buying more servers.